Friday, August 5, 2011

Jesus, Our Eucharistic Love

How often do you sit and read the Bible and wish you had lived during those times? Sometimes I wish I could have seen the miracles in the Bible myself, to be able to hear Jesus audibly and converse with Him about everyday things. I yearn to have Christ wrap His arms around me, embracing me. Or for me to wipe His face as Veronica did.

But then, I remember this...

"You envy," said St. John Chrysostom, "the privilege of the woman who touched the vestments of Jesus, of the sinful woman who washed His feet with her tears, of the women of Galilee who had the happiness of following Him in His pilgrimages, of the Apostles and disciples who conversed with Him familiarly, of the people of the time who listened to the words of grace and salvation which came forth from His lips. You consider fortunate those who saw Him. ... However, come to the altar and you will see Him, you will feel Him [when received in Communion], you will give Him holy kisses, you will wash Him with your tears, you will carry Him within you like Mary Most Holy." (p. 34-35 of Jesus Our Eucharistic Love by Fr. Stefano Manelli)

Eucharistic Adoration at the Matt Maher Concert in June.


Jesus. How I love You, yet how much more You love me! Bring me close to You. Help me love You all the more.




In Christ through Mary.

No comments:

Post a Comment