Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Help a Sister Out

Okay. She's not really a Sister yet... but she will be in just 12 days. And no, I'm not talking about myself. I'm talking about another young woman, Meris, who is entering the Dominican Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist in Ann Arbor, Michigan on August 28, the feast of St. Augustine, and the same day I enter with the CKs.

Okay, it's not one of my photos, but this is my photography blog and there
had to be a photo of the Dominican Sisters in this blog somewhere...
so I copied one from their website.

Anyway. Meris, like most women entering the convent, has to have her debt "taken care of" before she can enter. She has been working on it, but needs your help of prayers, spreading the word, and donations. I can't offer my financial help, but wanted to pass along her story to you in hopes you or someone you know could help her financially.


As of her post today she still needs 175 people to give $20 each or 35 people to give $100.

Learn more at her blog: Meris Wants to be a Nun

At the very least, stop right now and say a prayer for her and all those entering a community this fall who are trying to pay off the last of their debt. And praise the Lord for those who have helped so far.


In Christ through Mary.

No comments:

Post a Comment