Monday, April 25, 2011

My Patroness(es) - 1 of 3

This is the first in a series of three posts on some important women in my life--my three patronesses. Each will contain a picture I've taken pertaining to her, followed by a personal story, ending with a quote from her.

First up:

Blessed Teresa of Calcutta
(Statue at the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception)

Mother Teresa was (is) my confirmation saint. At the time, I was running from God and wanted to pick a saint who was married and had children--I desperately wanted a husband and children. None of the wonderful, married saints were standing out to me though. I read through a majority of "Lives of the Saints"... volumes 1 and 2. But nothing was standing out. I had always loved Mother Teresa and her love and compassion for Christ and others. So, I cut a deal with God. ...I know, not the smartest thing to do. But I did. I said that either I would take Mother Teresa if I could, otherwise a married saint. I was told I could take her, since she had been declared "Blessed." Still not 100% sure if that was accurate, but I did it. I took Mother Teresa as my patroness. Reading her writings and knowing she's praying for me is so comforting and encouraging.


Whenever Jesus asks something of you, say "yes."


Blessed Teresa of Calcutta, pray for us.



In Christ through Mary.

No comments: