Thursday, March 31, 2011

Amelia Earhart

It was really great to see my siblings earlier this week, when they came and visited me here at BC. I enjoyed my time with them, playing games, eating out, and even going to the Amelia Earhart Museum. With how big of a deal Amelia Earhart is around here, one would think that after two years I would have been before. No better reason than company in town than to finally get out and see some of the sites here! The house was Amelia's grandparents' (on her mom's side). She was born in the upstairs bedroom and lived there for a while with her grandparents. I learned some new things about her and it was neat to see the home. I enjoyed the new subjects for my photos as well.

 
A model of the Lockheed Electra
(the one in which she was flying when she disappeared in July 1937)

 


 
Model of the Lockheed Vega
(the one Amelia was flew in her Atlantic Solo flight and one of her favorite planes)

 
Amelia Earhart and her husband, George Putnam.


 

I learned a lot about Amelia Earhart, who I remember reading about when I was a young girl and admiring her courage and strength. One thing I learned: there was a movie about her that came out two years ago-- Who knew?




In Christ through Mary.

No comments: