Friday, January 28, 2011

Traveling to the March for Life


The next few posts will be centered around my photos from the March for Life trip to Washington D.C. this past weekend. First up: the bus ride out to D.C. Yes, 24+ hours on a bus...

Early on in the trip, I pointed my camera out the window to capture a common scene near the college: the train whizzing by.


Stopping for a late dinner, I couldn't help but pull out my camera again and enjoy the beautiful snow that had fallen and take advantage of the bright colors of the fast food signs.



Simply the drive out to Washington D.C. helped remind me the beauty of life and the creation all around us--even in that KFC sign, but especially in the snow outside. While it was no good for a snowball fight, it was perfect for blowing and tossing in the air.



"Let me tell you why I believe abortion is the crucial issue of our age. First, because abortion, too, is about living within the truth. The right to life is the foundation of every other human right. If that right is not inviolate, then no right can be guaranteed. Or to put it more bluntly: Homicide is homicide, no matter how small the victim."
-Most Reverend Charles Chaput, Archbishop of Denver



In Christ through Mary.

No comments: